Modeling Regular and Safe Concurrent Processes (Technical Summary)
- Modeling Regular and Safe Concurrent Processes (Technical Summary)
- Hseush, Wenwey
Balraj, Timothy S.
Kaiser, Gail E.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- The authors have previously described the use of data path expressions and predecessor automata in debugging concurrent systems. In this paper we examine the relationship of these models to two traditional models of concurrent processes: pomset languages and k-safe Petri net systems. We explore the regularity and safety of the concurrent languages described by each of the four models. Our main result is the equivalence of regular safe pomset languages and the languages described by safe data path expressions, safe predecessor automata and k-safe Petri net systems.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Wenwey Hseush, Timothy S. Balraj, Gail E. Kaiser, 1990, Modeling Regular and Safe Concurrent Processes (Technical Summary), Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8ST7Z0P.