Redundancy Management in a Symmetric Distributed Main-Memory Database
- Redundancy Management in a Symmetric Distributed Main-Memory Database
- Pu, Calton
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We describe the architecture of a symmetric distributed main memory database. The high performance networks in many large distributed systems enable a machine to reach the main memory of other modes faster than local disks. Thus we introduce remote memory as an additional layer in the memory hierarchy between local memory and disks. Exploiting the remote memory (every node's cache) improves performance and increases availability. We have created a simulation program that shows this significant advantage over a wide range of cache sizes and compares the effects of several object replacement policies in the symmetric distributed main memory database.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Calton Pu, Avraham Leff, Frederick Korz, Shu-Wie Chen, 1990, Redundancy Management in a Symmetric Distributed Main-Memory Database, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8TT5030.