||PSL: A Parallel Lisp for the DADO Machine
- ||PSL: A Parallel Lisp for the DADO Machine
- Biema, Michael van
Lerner, Mark D.
Maguire, Gerald Q.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We describe a system level programming language and integrated environment for programming development on the DADO parallel computer. In addition a set of language constructs augmenting LISP for programming parallel computation on tree structured parallel machine are defined. We discuss the architecture or the DADO machine and present several examples to illustrate the language. In particular we describe how the language provides an integrated approach to the problem or parallel software design. Parallel algorithms may be designed analyzed on a sequential machine under simulation and then simply recompiled to run on a parallel machine. In concluding sections we outline the implementation using the Portable Standard LISP Compiler.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Michael van Biema, Mark D. Lerner, Gerald Q. Maguire, Salvatore Stolfo, 1984, ||PSL: A Parallel Lisp for the DADO Machine, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D87H1SQP.