MELDing Multiple Granularities of Parallelism
- MELDing Multiple Granularities of Parallelism
- Kaiser, Gail E.
Popovich, Steven S.
Wu, Shyhtsun Felix
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We are developing an experimental programming language, MELD, that supports a range of concurrent styles by supporting multiple programming paradigms at multiple levels of granularity. MELD integrates three granularities of parallelism: macro dataflow among statements within a method or among methods for fine grain concurrency, synchronous or asynchronous message passing among local or remote objects for medium grain concurrency, and transactions for large grain concurrency among users.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Gail E. Kaiser, Steven S. Popovich, Wenwey Hseush, Shyhtsun Felix Wu, 1989, MELDing Multiple Granularities of Parallelism, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8X355JK.