An Integrated System for Dextrous Manipulation
- An Integrated System for Dextrous Manipulation
- Allen, Peter K.
Roberts, Kenneth S.
- Technical reports
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This paper describes an integrated system for dextrous manipulation using a Utah-MIT hand that allows one to look at the higher levels of control in a number of grasping and manipulation tasks. The system consists of a number of low-level system primitives for grasping, integrated hand and robotic arm movement, tactile sensors mounted on the fingertips, sensing primitives to utilize joint position, tendon force and tactile array feedback, and a high-level programming environment that allows task level scripts to be created for grasping and manipulation tasks. A number of grasping and manipulation tasks are described that have been implemented with this system.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Peter K. Allen, Paul Michelman, Kenneth S. Roberts, 1988, An Integrated System for Dextrous Manipulation, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:12076.