Reliable Network Communications
- Reliable Network Communications
- Kaiser, Gail E.
Cycowicz, Yael J.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This technical report consists of three papers from the INTERCOMS project. A Network Architecture for Reliable Distributed Computing introduces the view section model, a network layer for exception handling in response to disruptions in communication channels due to failures of network links or nodes. Remote Exception Handling discusses for a network layer for exception handling among cooperating application processes. Demand-Driven Parameter Passing in Remote Procedure Call describes how remote exception handling solves the problem of passing referential data types (pointers) as parameters to remote procedures.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Gail E. Kaiser, Yael J. Cycowicz, Wenwey Hseush, Josephine Micallef, 1987, Reliable Network Communications, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8BR9167.