Guide to the Unification Process and Its Implementation: Progress Report on Extending the Grammar
- Guide to the Unification Process and Its Implementation: Progress Report on Extending the Grammar
- Paris, Cecile L.
Liong, Kwee Tjoe
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- There are two steps in generating an English sentence using a functional grammar: unification with the grammar and linearization of the resulting structure. This report is intended as an introduction and a guide to the unification process and its implementation. The program and grammar used are modified versions of those used in the TEXT system [McKeown 82]. We describe the major functions of the program, noting how we have made it more general and more efficient. We also describe the extensions and improvements made to the original functional grammar used in the TEXT system.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Cecile L. Paris, Kwee Tjoe Liong, 1985, Guide to the Unification Process and Its Implementation: Progress Report on Extending the Grammar, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8BZ6F2B.