Change Management Support for Large Software Systems
- Change Management Support for Large Software Systems
- Kaiser, Gail E.
Perry, Dewayne E.
Schwanke, Robert W.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This technical report consists of three related papers in the area of management of source code changes for large software systems. Infuse: A Toolfor Automatically Managing and Coordinating Source Changes in Large Systems presents Infuse, a software engineering environment that automatically panitions the source code files to be changed in order to limit the complexity of change propagation and negotiation of conflicting changes. Workspaces and Experimental Databases: Automated Support for Cooperation Among Programmers describes Infuse in more detail, focusing on the interactions between Infuse and source code modification tools. Smarter Recompilation presents an algorithm that could be used by Infuse or other software engineering environments to reduce recompilation costs after source code changes.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Gail E. Kaiser, Dewayne E. Perry, Robert W. Schwanke, 1986, Change Management Support for Large Software Systems, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D83R11VJ.