NON-VON's Performance on Certain Database Benchmarks
- NON-VON's Performance on Certain Database Benchmarks
- Hillyer, Bruce K.
Shaw, David Elliot
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- In a paper by Hawthorn and DeWitt, the projected performance of several proposed database machines was examined for three relational database queries. The present paper investigates the performance of a massively parallel machine called NON-VON for the same queries under comparable assumptions. In the case of simple queries, a NON-VON machine of comparable size to those considered by Hawthorn and DeWitt is found to be somewhat faster than the fastest machines examined in their study; for a more complex database operation, NON-VON is shown to be five to ten times faster than the fastest of these machines.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Bruce K. Hillyer, David Elliot Shaw, Anil Nigam, 1983, NON-VON's Performance on Certain Database Benchmarks, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D87P96DC.