Issue Brief: Middle Eastern Immigration
- Issue Brief: Middle Eastern Immigration
- Gutierrez-Patterson, Marla
Smith, Raymond Arthur
- Political Science
- Persistent URL:
- Majority Rule and Minority Rights Issue Briefs
- Geographic Area:
- United States
- This brief focuses on the immigration population patterns of Middle Eastern immigration to the United States from the 1970s up to today. The socioeconomic status, education level, and religious ideology of Middle Eastern immigrants in the United States will be assessed throughout the years in an attempt to understand at what levels Middle Eastern immigrants have incorporated into US society. The decline in immigration following September 11, 2001 will be reviewed along with the social and political implications that resulted within the United States and Middle-Eastern community do to this.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Marla Gutierrez-Patterson, Raymond Arthur Smith, 2010, Issue Brief: Middle Eastern Immigration, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8PZ5HV6.