Discipline-based Digital Centers at Columbia: Assessing Needs and Outcomes
- Discipline-based Digital Centers at Columbia: Assessing Needs and Outcomes
- Cartolano, Robert T.
- Libraries Information and Technology Office
Libraries and Information Services
- Persistent URL:
- Project briefing, Coalition for Networked Information Spring 2011 membership meeting.
- Columbia University Libraries is building three Information Commons facilities, focusing on the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Called "Digital Centers," these facilities will provide support for research and learning in the sciences and humanities in high-end, collaborative, technology-rich environments. The Digital Social Science Center was completed in January 2009, the Digital Science Center was completed in January 2011, and the Digital Humanities Center is slated for completion in Fall 2011. This project briefing will provide an overview of the Digital Center effort, including the assessment, planning, implementation and iterative approach in building the centers, along with lessons learned to date.
- Information science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Robert T. Cartolano, 2011, Discipline-based Digital Centers at Columbia: Assessing Needs and Outcomes, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:10564.