Roundtable: Sound and Video Archives
- Roundtable: Sound and Video Archives
- Crews, Kenneth D.
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Columbia Journal of Law & the Arts
- "Now, why single out different kinds of formats or different kinds of media and
separate them out from the text-based materials that we’ve typically talked about?
And there are a variety of answers. These diverse media present diverse
challenges, and they also come in many different variations. I mean, just on the
example of audiovisual works, they could range from a simple home movie to a
feature release film, or on the example of sound recordings they could be
something as simple as an interview, as straightforward as an interview, or it could
be ethnological field studies, or it could be, well, Girl Talk and mashups and a
variety of other kinds of works."
- Conference papers and proceedings
Questions and answers
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Kenneth D. Crews, 2010, Roundtable: Sound and Video Archives, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8PG226B.