Elevated blood lead concentrations in essential tremor : a case-control study in Mersin, Turkey
- Elevated blood lead concentrations in essential tremor : a case-control study in Mersin, Turkey
- Dogu, Okan
Louis, Elan D.
- Center for Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Environmental Health Perspectives
- Essential tremor (ET) is one of the most common neurologic disorders. Aside from underlying susceptibility genes, recent studies have also begun to focus on environmental toxic factors. Yet there remains a paucity of information on such factors, making studies of environmental factors important. A recent study in New York City found blood lead concentrations to be elevated in ET cases compared with matched controls. Chronic exposure to lead produces cerebellar damage, and this could predispose individuals to develop ET.
- Publisher DOI:
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Okan Dogu, Elan D. Louis, Lulufer Tamer, Ozgur Unal, Arda Yilmaz, Hakan Kaleagasi, 2007, Elevated blood lead concentrations in essential tremor : a case-control study in Mersin, Turkey, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D81J9GJ7.