Is Parkinson's disease-related mortality declining?
- Is Parkinson's disease-related mortality declining?
- Haberfeld, Elizabeth
Louis, Elan D.
- Center for Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- European Journal of Neurology
- Reports of trends in mortality from neurodegenerative disease have long relied on death
certificates registries and other nationally-administered databanks to determine the state and
direction of public health regarding these conditions. In this article, Mylne et. al. turned to the
Office of National Statistics, England to ascertain the death statistics for patients with
Parkinson's disease (PD) for the most recent time period available. Their findings are both
intriguing and encouraging, and deserve further comment.
- Publisher DOI:
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Elizabeth Haberfeld, Elan D. Louis, 2009, Is Parkinson's disease-related mortality declining?, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8R78M0R.