Classification of Micro Array Protein Crystal Images With Laplacian Pyramidal Filters and Neural Networks
- Classification of Micro Array Protein Crystal Images With Laplacian Pyramidal Filters and Neural Networks
- Angelini, Elsa D.
Laine, Andrew F.
- Presentations (Communicative Events)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Persistent URL:
- Presented at the Workshop on Genomic Signal Processing and Statistics, Baltimore, Md., May 26-28, 2004.
- This project is part of the Northeast Structural Genomics Consortium (NESG). The goal of this consortium is to develop efficient and integrated technologies for high-throughput (HTP) protein production and 3D structure determination. This project focuses on the design of an image analysis system to classify protein crystal structures in a production oriented environment. The method presented performs classification of microscopic images as protein precipitates or crystals versus clear solutions. Preliminary experiments are presented, which provided high classification accuracy on large datasets of protein crystallization experiments using expert classification for ground truth.
- Biomedical engineering
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Elsa D. Angelini, Ya Wang, Andrew F. Laine, 2004, Classification of Micro Array Protein Crystal Images With Laplacian Pyramidal Filters and Neural Networks, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D89G5TJN.