NTT DoCoMo and the new global communications culture
- NTT DoCoMo and the new global communications culture
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business
- Persistent URL:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Columbia Business School
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- NTT DoCoMo, Japan's premier mobile communications company, continues to raise the bar in innovation, setting the pace for the development of wireless communications in the 21st century. The company has been heralded as a model for wireless innovation, expanding into non-voice services, wireless internet, and data and video, among others. On November 12, 2002, the Center on Japanese Economy and Business, together with the Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI) and the student-run Japan Business Association (JBA), cosponsored a distinguished lecture featuring Dr. Keiji Tachikawa, President and CEO of NTT DoCoMo. In his presentation, Dr. Tachikawa described a wireless strategy for the new century. He examined the creation of highly efficient corporations and the importance of new business models, looking at the impact of wireless communication on culture and society. This report is a summary of his presentation followed by excerpts from the question and answer session.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- 2002, NTT DoCoMo and the new global communications culture, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:35.