Experiences in Teaching eXtreme Programming in a Distance Learning Program
- Experiences in Teaching eXtreme Programming in a Distance Learning Program
- Murphy, Christian
Kaiser, Gail E.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- As university-level distance learning programs become more and more popular, and software engineering courses incorporate eXtreme Programming (XP) into their curricula, certain challenges arise when teaching XP to students who are not physically co-located. In this paper, we present our experiences and observations from managing such an online software engineering course, and describe some of the specific challenges we faced, such as students' aversion to using XP and difficulties in scheduling. We also present some suggestions to other educators who may face similar situations.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Christian Murphy, Dan Phung, Gail E. Kaiser, 2007, Experiences in Teaching eXtreme Programming in a Distance Learning Program, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8GM8G63.