A General Analysis of the Security of Elastic Block Ciphers
- A General Analysis of the Security of Elastic Block Ciphers
- Cook, Debra L.
Keromytis, Angelos D.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We analyze the security of elastic block ciphers in general to show that an attack on an elastic version of block cipher implies a polynomial time related attack on the fixed-length version of the block cipher. We relate the security of the elastic version of a block cipher to the fixed-length version by forming a reduction between the versions. Our method is independent of the specific block cipher used. The results imply that if the fixed-length version of a block cipher is secure against attacks which attempt key recovery then the elastic version is also secure against such attacks.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Debra L. Cook, Moti Yung, Angelos D. Keromytis, 2005, A General Analysis of the Security of Elastic Block Ciphers, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8BK1QJ7.