Seven Degrees of Separation in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
- Seven Degrees of Separation in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
- Papadopouli, Maria
Schulzrinne, Henning G.
- Technical reports
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We present an architecture that enables the sharing of information among mobile, wireless, collaborating hosts that experience intermittent connectivity to the Internet. Participants in the system obtain data objects from Internet-connected servers, cache them and exchange them with others who are interested in them. The system exploits the fact that there is a high locality of information access within a geographic area. It aims to increase the data availability to participants with lost connectivity to the Internet. We discuss the main components of the system and possible applications. Finally, we present simulation results that show that the ad hoc networks can be very effective in distributing popular information.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Maria Papadopouli, Henning G. Schulzrinne, 2000, Seven Degrees of Separation in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:29410.