Internet Quality of Service: An Overview
- Internet Quality of Service: An Overview
- Zhao, Weibin
Schulzrinne, Henning G.
- Technical reports
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This paper presents an overview of Internet QoS, covering motivation and considerations for adding QoS to Internet, the definition of Internet QoS, traffic and service specifications, IntServ and DiffServ frameworks, data path operations including packet classification, shaping and policing, basic router mechanisms for supporting QoS, including queue management and scheduling, control path mechanisms such as admission control, policy control and bandwidth brokers, the merging of routing and QoS, traffic engineering, constraint-based routing and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS), as well as end host support for QoS. We identify some important design principles and open issues for Internet QoS.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Weibin Zhao, David Olshefski, Henning G. Schulzrinne, 2000, Internet Quality of Service: An Overview, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:29393.