Distributed Tool Services via the World Wide Web
- Distributed Tool Services via the World Wide Web
- Dossick, Stephen E.
Kaiser, Gail E.
Yang, Jack Jingshuang
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We present an architecture for a distributed tool service which operates over HTTP, the underlying protocol of the World Wide Web. This allows unmodified Web browsers to request tool executions from the server as well as making integration with existing systems easier. We describe Rivendell, a prototype implementation of the architecture.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Stephen E. Dossick, Gail E. Kaiser, Jack Jingshuang Yang, 1996, Distributed Tool Services via the World Wide Web, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8FB5F51.