Transaction Management in Collaborative Virtual Environments
- Transaction Management in Collaborative Virtual Environments
- Yang, Jack Jingshuang
Kaiser, Gail E.
Dossick, Stephen E.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- Collaborative Virtual Environments (CVEs) are groupware systems in which data are represented as objects in a virtual world. CVE supports activities ranging from software design and development to health care management where user operations are long in duration and intensive inhuman interaction. We found the advanced database transaction modeling and management technologies that have developed in the database community very useful in the design and development of CVE. In this paper, we first present a dynamically customizable transaction manager, JPern, then describe how a CVE could benefit from integrating with such a transaction management service. Finally, we describe an instance of CVE that we developed, CHIME, and how to integrate JPern with it.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Jack Jingshuang Yang, Gail E. Kaiser, Stephen E. Dossick, 1999, Transaction Management in Collaborative Virtual Environments, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D82J6Q21.