- Influences on Affiliate HRM Systems in Japanese MNCs in Southeast Asia
Beechler, Schon L.
Ghosh, B. C.
Mei Ling, Sieh
- Working papers
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business
- Permanent URL:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business Working Papers
- Part Number:
- Using data from 160 Asian affiliates of American and Japanese MNCs, this paper explores the determinants of whether MNCs transfer their parent company HRM systems overseas or adopt local practices. We find that demographic predictor variables which have often been found in previous studies to predict similarity are relatively unimportant while perceived HRM competence of the MNC is an important determinant of HRM transfer.
- Economics, Commerce-Business
- Item views: