Review of "The Japanese Experience of Economic Reforms," ed. Juro Teranishi and Yutaka Kosai
Hugh T. Patrick
- Review of "The Japanese Experience of Economic Reforms," ed. Juro Teranishi and Yutaka Kosai
- Patrick, Hugh T.
- Working papers
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business
- Permanent URL:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business Occasional Papers
- Part Number:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This volume reflects and represents a new generation of research by Japanese economists on Japan's early postwar transformation from chaos to stability, from a government-controlled economy to an increasingly market based economy, and from devastation to reconstruction and economic growth. At the same time it responds to the growing recognition that Japan's early post World War II experiences with economic stabilization, reconstruction and reform can provide significant "lessons," particularly for the currently transforming socialist economies but for many developing market economies as well.
- Item views: